Tuesday, May 19, 2020

A Pleasant Surprise!


I

I received a pleasant surprise yesterday when I went to check the mail! Inside there was a package from Chewy....the online pet store. I thought to myself...I haven't ordered anything from them for a while now. What could they be sending me? When I opened it up there was this!! It is a 6" x 6" hand painted portrait of Beau!


I made my account a few years or so back and they ask you for your pets name and a photo. So I filled everything out and attached this photo. It was the only one I could find at the time that showed his whole body. So I attached it and didn't think anything else about it.

This is how it is listed....but he does now weigh less than 8lbs. I had to start buying food for him online when I could no longer find his favorite. And I bought a lot!

His girl Bella died in 2013 at 12 years old. So he has been an only cat and is loving it. Here is a pic of them back in the day!


She was very sweet and loved him..that's why his name is Beau!

Now that Beau is an old man he is very set in his ways. Only eats Chicken or Turkey..no tuna please! But he is starting to fail. Last year, in March, we had to take him to get his teeth cleaned and he had to have teeth pulled. He did not recover well. Come to find out that he was in liver failure. We had medicines to give him 2 and 3 times a day but it made him feel worse. He would have a good day and a bad day. The good seemed to be be more than the bad so I kept giving him the meds. By the first of August it was decided that we would stop all the medicine and put him in Kitty Hospice at home. That made all the difference! 
He was back to his old self. 

But now he is getting slower and I know my time with him is limited. SO getting that package was such a gift! The artist was able to capture his likeness... 




I just wish I could have found a better picture of him!





1 comment: