Friday, May 15, 2020

Making Masks!



What have you been doing during this pandemic? I have been making masks!! Check them out in my shop here

If you have been wondering where I have been....well I went back to work part time. In April 2016 I went back to Hancock Fabrics to help close the store. For those of you who do not know, Hancock filled bankruptcy and had to close all their stores. FYI ~ it is a nightmare working for a liquidator, which is who took over until July.







It was a little bit hard to do as I had worked there for 3 years back in 2010-13. Seeing the sign being taken down was sad.


But Joann came and rented the building and said all Hancock employees could stay. So 7 of us did! It was hard not to mention Hancock as this new tenant sold the same things as Hancock! But we did okay...but sometimes you just can't help it!
 I worked there until 5/9 of this year as I had to quit due Covid-19. Regular readers of the blog know that I am the caregiver for my mother who had Maxillary Sinus cancer...twice! She is now 84. I did not want to work at Joann's with the possibility that I could catch the virus from a customer and give it to her.

Joann's has been open the whole time....but with reduced hours and (for awhile) social distancing.
 But we do have a lot of non compliant customers....I guess if they don't know anybody who had this virus they think that it will never happen to them or their families. 

I cannot take the chance.

SO I quit....... Now I have time to work on my new(ish) craft room (it changed floors for over the garage to a regular bedroom). It is a work in progress. 


And I am putting more time into my shop.

So check out what's new over there and see what I come up with!!
New items will be added all the time!


Thanks for sticking with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment