Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Cousin Michael



Please take a minute, if you will, and say a little prayer for my cousin Michael. He is very ill. He, his wife and 3 year old son live in Birmingham, AL. They came to Georgia to visit his Mom and Dad and sister's family the weekend after Christmas. While there he became ill and was taken to the hospital. Long story short, he has been in the hospital almost a month now in ICU. He had low sodium levels, pneumonia and breathing problems. He was in and out of drug-induced comas, on ventilators and has had a tracheotomy. Yesterday he was diagnosed with Centre Pontine Myelinolysis, a rare neurological disorder...he will require 3-6 of intensive therapy in a Long Term Acute Care Rehabilitation Hospital. He and his family need your prayers!
My extended family has always been very close...all of us cousins are just a few years apart. We lived in the same town for some years and spent many vacations together! We moved, they stayed as did my grandparents. This is a picture of us before my brother was born...and yes, I am the unhappy one! My balloon popped just before the picture...we must have gone to Shoney's for lunch and got those stand-up Big Boy balloons. I'm betting money that Michael some how popped mine...but I can't remember... He has a smug look on his face. Red sure is holding on her her balloon tight! (Love my Grandmother's purse!)
Anyway the bonds are tight. He was there for me 2 years ago when I moved up to Birmingham for 7 mos. He is the kindest, sweetest man. It is just so sad. I am praying that he recovers and can return to the kind and thoughtful person he was before all this. Please keep him in your prayers!

1 comment: