Thursday, May 13, 2010

Guess What?!

Sheila Simmons, one of the authors of Georgia Hometown Cookbook, bought this apron from my shop yesterday! Yea! She saw the last post and checked out the shop. I love her cookbook! It has the best recipes from around the state of Georgia. I found it in a little shop in Perry a couple of summers ago.

Red was looking for gifts from Georgia for her husband, Kojak. He was stationed in The Republic of Georgia at the embassy for a year or so...during the time the war broke out over there. We found this and she bought 10 copies for him to give as gifts..from one Georgia to another! (Of course I had to buy one for me!) It was a big hit! Not sure if it translated very well...(grits?) but they loved it!


This cookbook is one in State Hometown Cookbooks. Check out the website and see if your state is there! http://www.GreatAmericanpPublishers.com/

While your looking I'm going to put the finishing touches on Shelia's apron!! Maybe Skippy will drive me to the post office after school! ;)

1 comment: