Saturday, March 28, 2009

Rained Out Market


So here I sit, at the crack of dawn...(or maybe before... it's dark) Watching the Weather Channel, hoping that the rain wasn't coming. But as I type I hear thunder! The radar is a lovely color of reds and yellows... They say we are going to have a busy weather day..hail, tornadoes, damaging winds! So that means the City Market on the Green is off.
Today is the last weekend of the Cherry Blossom Festival. It runs for 10 days in Macon with all kinds of events. Today was to be the big street fesitval. Our weekley market was to be like a fringe event for both weekends. We had a lot more people last Saturday than we had last winter. I just started the market last November and December when it was nice and freezing! Believe it or not, we had people show up..must have been for all those last minute Christmas presents!
So now it is Spring...and it is raining...maybe I'll go back to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment