Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Lowfat Layered Mexican Dip


As Sweet Mama's caregiver, I have had to come up with a way to give her medicine since she cannot swallow a pill! The best way I have found is to mix the liquid or powered capsule in plain yogurt. Red bought me a large container of Dannon Plain Yogurt and when I opened in I found this on the lid! It sounds so good I thought I would share!

Layered Mexican Dip

2 cups Dannon Plain Yogurt*
1 cup shredded lettuce
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 16 oz. can refried beans or black beans
1 cup chunky salsa
1 cup sliced olives (black or green)

In bowl, combine beans with 1/3 cup salsa. Spread half of mixture into a flat dish. spread 1 cup of yogurt over the bean mixture, followed by 1/2 cup olives, 1/3 cup salsa. 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 cup lettuce. Repeat layering. Cover and chill until ready to serve.

Makes 27 servings

Nutrition Facts:
*Amount per serving -
Dannon All Natural Plain Nonfat Yogurt - Calories 50, Calories from Fat 20, Total Fat 2g, Protein 3g, Carbs 5g
Dannon All Natural Plain Lowfat Yogurt - Calories 50, Calories from Fat 25, Total Fat 2.5g, Protein 3g, Carbs 5g
Dannon All Natural Plain Yogurt - Calories 60, Calories from fat 25, Total at 3g, Protein 3g, Carbs 5g
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment